At St Mary and St Michael’s we recognise the importance and value of House Captains in supporting our school. Each house has two Year 6 House Captains. House Captains are elected in September and students in KS2 have the opportunity to vote for their chosen House Captain through a secret ballot.
The position of House Captains are highly regarded within the school. They carry out duties on a daily basis to support staff and represent the school on official engagements such as the Sport’s Day, parent consultations, harvest festival and many more. Due to this, we expect the children’s attitude and behaviour to be of the highest standard. Other children in the school should view the House Captains as role models thus their appearance, attitude, hard work and determination should be an inspirational message to all members of the school.
Some of the key responsibilities of our House Captains include:
- To be a role model in terms of attitude, attendance, behaviour, manners and appearance to all members of the St Mary and St Michael’s family;
- To help organise and support House activities including: Sports’ Day;
- To collect house points each Friday;
- To do lunch duty according to the rota;
- To show visitors around the school;
- To wear the House Captain’s badge with
Our House captains for 2022/23: